Friday, October 20, 2006

I see that the masked media tart is now claiming to represent all of Islam in Europe. Aren't the faithful getting a little embarrassed by this woman?

Wordwatch 2
Since the last tally I've collected two icons (BBC News, Hull DailyMail), one bling (Channel 4 News, what a let-down!), and one surreal (Guardian). I've also encountered a strange new adjective, milky. What the hell is that? It was used by a commentator to describe a football team's performance, (honestly!), and by a reviewer describing a singer's voice. In the former context it seemed to convey a negative verdict; in the latter context, I've no idea what was meant. Maybe it can be used when you don't want to give anything away. "How are things in Iraq, Mr. Blair?" "Oh, you know, milky." I recommend it to Government speechwriters and spin doctors.

No comments: