Monday, September 17, 2012

A couple of quotes, first from Hugh Grant:

"Their power is daunting. They have the front pages, editorials and opinion pieces, the hatchet jobs and the editorialised news reporting."
...
"They have people of influence who owe them favours or are paid by them, or might in the future (if they toe the line) be paid by them,"
...
"After the [Millie] Dowler revelations, these politicians all talked a good game, but last June, pre-Dowler, a lot of them were sipping champagne on Rupert Murdoch's lawn."

From Stewart Lee:

"My shelves creak with music, but I didn't know any Cage, beyond Sonic Youth's interpretation of his piece Six on their Goodbye 20th Century album. As ever, I access the Temple of Culture by the tradesmen's entrance."

I like Lee's idea of a sitcom starring Ant and Dec, Cat Deeley, and the works of John Cage. I don't think I'd be able to watch A&D for too long though. Come to think of it I've never watched them. And Sonic Youth? The word 'youth' puts me off, so I'm not likely to experience their product.



No comments: