Sunday, December 23, 2012

"If this can happen to a senior government minister, then what chance would a youth in Brixton or Wandsworth have?" (Andrew Mitchell, MP and paid up member of the patriciate).
The question is rhetorical, of course. Mitchell knows the answer and, to be frank, doesn't really give a shit about the youth of Brixton or Wandsworth. He's just got it in for the police. Once he's back where he thinks he belongs it'll be "Carry on, constable!".
The dispute about what Mitchell said to the coppers goes on. But I've been assured that he has never uttered the following -

"I'll sing you a song
and it won't take long
... (etc).

"I was done up like a kipper."

"Straight up, gov., I was verballed."

"Old Bill felt me collar, 'ad me dahn the factory on me toes, and fitted me up good and proper. Do you fink I'll do bird for this?"

No comments: