Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Our six-year-old grandson stayed over last night while his parents were involved in hospital visiting. I was subjected to a short course in superhero identification. This also involved the naming of their enemies, known to my grandson as "the bad guys". It seems that the USA has an endless supply of superheroes and supervillains (if the latter can be so called).
I tried to memorise as many names as possible, but they came thick and fast. One thing I picked up on; anyone bearing the title "Doctor" is a villain. I remember Dr. Octopus and Dr. Doom.
So let's see how many I can remember -
Spiderman, Iron Man, The Hulk, Robot Hulk, Captain America, Wolverine, Green Lantern (the good guys).
The aforementioned doctors, Sandman, Abomination, Bane, Mister Mysterio, the Question (the bad guys).
Electro, Magneto, Strongman (I can't remember which group these should be assigned to).
Battledroids; these may not belong here, but grandson informed me that they are useless, because they run away or fall down.
Additional useful information: Mister Mysterio (Misterio?) has a round head with no eyes, nose or mouth; the Question has an oval head with just a nose.

It seems that there are toy versions of all these creatures, and electronic games involving them. So dig deep, parents of boys.

Note: my grandson uses the word "guys". English language courtesy of Hollywood.

Addendum: Ghost Rider. Sounds like a baddie, but I'm not sure. Either wears a skeleton suit or is a skeleton, memory failure again. Head is on fire, Arthur Brown style.

No comments: