Friday, November 07, 2008

A couple of people making points that I'd like to endorse -

First Jo Brand in the latest edition of the Radio Times: "Too much comedy these days attacks the same targets. There's a huge anti-chav/anti-poor people thing going on; almost an Orwellian situation, where we set up poor people to laugh at them. That's why I've never been much of a fan of Little Britain. I think the targets are just too easy. I'd rather see comedy having a go at rich people, powerful people, right wing people."

Next Gore Vidal to David Dimbleby on US politics: "I know the territory. I'm surprised you even asked me, because I know too much about the subject - you like to get people who don't know much about the subject." (from yesterday's Guardian)
The old fellow knows the BBC well.

No comments: