Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Well I got it wrong, the old white man couldn't rely on his fellow party members to rig the election. This is not a new experience for me; before the last presidential election I predicted that Bush would win a second term, and would immediately reintroduce the draft.
Now we have to ask; how long before someone makes an attempt on Obama's life. Place your bets, Messieurs-Dames. Next question how long before he bombs somebody? Angry Arab says within six months, I give him 18 months if he can survive the "lone nut's" bullet that long. I reckon the CIA will be training some lone nuts up in case Obama does attempt something radical. I should add that the odds against him doing anything to upset the 2% who own 50% are long indeed. I quote, "Look, I am a pro-growth, free-market guy, I love the market."
"Far more than Senator McCain, you have received enormous, unprecedented contributions from corporate interests, Wall Street interests and, most interestingly, big corporate law firm attorneys. Never before has a Democratic nominee for President achieved this supremacy over his Republican counterpart. Why, apart from your unconditional vote for the $700 billion Wall Street bailout, are these large corporate interests investing so much in Senator Obama?"
That from Ralph Nader's open letter to Obama (linked).
Over here it was a short step from "Things can only get better" to war crimes. Or as Pete Townshend put it
"Here comes the new boss,
Just like the old boss".

No comments: