Thursday, March 29, 2012

I am now the unwilling possessor of a new upgraded blog. I am getting sick of these bastards messing me about, and am seriously considering transferring the lot over to wordpress. A couple of weeks ago I got a message as I logged in that I'd better hand over my mobile phone number or I might not be able to access my blog in the near future. Who says I own a mobile phone? Another time I went to delete a link to a blog I thought was no longer operative and was asked for all kinds of personal information before I would be permitted to perform this simple task. They can kiss my left buttock. I'm going to find an alternative to this parcel of snoops, data farmers and busybodies. If I lose all previous postings, tough. I don't suppose there's anything recorded here that hasn't been written by someone else at some time or other, and in better prose. The search is on.

5 comments:

Chris Hall said...

The only way you can get away from that is by hosting your own and using the blogging software from wordpress.org or another blog system. But then you become beholden to the hosting company and you'll need to pay.

Hosted blogs like posterous have import facilities so you won't necessarily lose all your posts.

Jemmy Hope said...

Thanks for this, Chris.

thankgodimatheist said...

Blogger is very strange and erratic. For months I could not see any comment made on my posts on the AACS, not even mine! Today, halleluja! Comments do show but some others don't! I can't figure it out!

Jemmy Hope said...

It's all beyond the comprehension of this poor soul. I was just investigating the upgrade, then I found it was installed, fait accompli.
When I wrote something I found that all my attempts at spacing and paragraphs were ignored. Then I found I could revert to status quo ante. But they're going to get me in the end.

thankgodimatheist said...

Yes, investigating is a misnomer as many a friend has discovered on Facebook too when they just wanted to see what the new Timeline looked like before "upgrading". They clicked it and that was it.