Friday, April 15, 2011

A touch of the exotic, a poem in Portuguese. Though I don't know the language I think this poem is easily understood by anyone with some knowledge of a romance language or languages. Anyway we all can recognise words like 'propaganda' and 'petróleo'. OTAN = NATO, não = no or not, mentiras are lies.
The author is one Carlos Pronzato, an Argentinian. I think this was originally in Portuguese but it may have been translated.

Here is the last verse -

A batalha
Por trás de todas as mentiras
Que a propaganda
Diplomática
Consiga inventar
E a hegemonia
Da grande mídia
Repetir e repetir
até desinformar
É como sempre
Um ataque à dignidade
Uma guerra de rapina
Contra a humanidade.

Substantivu Commune: A BATALHA NÃO É PELA LIBIA: "A batalha não é pela Líbia Como diz a grande mídia A batalha não é pela Líbia É sim por aqueles que decidem O que temos que ver Comer Vestir..."

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Google Translate is my friend. And the poet is right.

Jemmy Hope said...

Nice one!
I only use google (the data farmer) as a last resort, so I wasn't aware of this tool. A bit hit and miss, but of some use. I tried a bit of text in it and all the words were translated but printed out in no particular order.