Saturday, July 28, 2012

"The most leftie opening ceremony I have ever seen – more than Beijing, the capital of a communist state! Welfare tribute next?" ... "multicultural crap".

I deliberately avoided the McDolympics opening ceremony but, after reading the above I wish I'd watched it. I was going to write that I'd never heard of the not so crypto-fascist Aidan Burley M.P., but I had. He's the turd sacked from some government post for celebrating Hitler's birthday, or something similar.
He obviously yearns for something more Aryan, in the style of Munich 1936, perhaps.

Marina Hyde's report of the shindig here, giving us a new word, arseoisie.

3 comments:

thankgodimatheist said...

I didn't watch the whole ceremony, only bits and pieces but I liked what I saw. There were great moments.

Jemmy Hope said...

I always expect these ceremonies to be nationalistic, flag-waving, etc., so I avoid them. This one sounded a bit jokey, James Bond and stuff, but they're always too long to sustain the entertainment value.

Jemmy Hope said...

I did read that when the Syrian team entered the stadium the BBC person describing the parade pretended that they weren't there.