Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Standard Letter to appeal against the bedroom tax. Personalise or simply use as a guide. It is lifted from
www.hmsonline.co.uk
If every victim of the bedroom tax lodges an appeal the bureaucracy will not be able to cope. Remember Thatcher's poll tax, consigned to oblivion by mass resistance and widespread non-cooperation? And the old witch's political career went with it.

Dear Sirs,
I received your decision letter dated INSERT DATE and referenced above that
imposed an under occupation charge, or bedroom tax of 14% / 25% (delete as
appropriate) on my existing award of Housing Benefit.
I consider this unwarranted yet in order to challenge this in the correct way and
potentially by way of formal appeal I require further information to be sent to
me within 7 days of this letter and the urgency of that is to ensure I have
enough time to formulate any such appeal and in full knowledge of the facts of
my case within the time allowed; OR in the alternative I request the deadline
for any such formal appeal be moved to 21 days after I receive the request
information below:
1. A written copy of the Council’s policy and decision-making procedures in
relation to referring a socially housed claimant decision to the Rent Officer
Service.
2. A full explanation of how the council decided that (INSERT ADDRESS) was
determined to be a 3 bed property for the under occupation charge and this to
include what involvement if any of my landlord, (INSERT LANDLORD NAME) in
this process.
Please state by way of covering letter with the requested information any
changed deadline date from above with regard to a formal appeal.
Yours etc.

No comments: