Thursday, June 05, 2008

I open the latest copy of the Radio Times and what's the first thing I see - a photograph of the loathsome Cilla ("I love Thatcher") Black. I turn the page quickly and see Terry ("I'm an English knight") Wogan. I move on; Michael ("How's your sex life?") Parkinson. It gets worse; a bloody big picture of the embodiment of evil herself - Thatcher! And to add insult to injury Plastic Features Ronaldo, a spoilt millionaire footballer I loathe even more than Snotnose Terry and "Drug free" Ferdinand. Answer the call of Real Madrid you lens loving poseur!
This edition of the Radio Times was directed at me personally. It could only have been made worse if Brian Ferry and Nobo had been added to the parade of malevolence, bad taste and self-regard.
Recently a correspondent complained in the Letters Page that the magazine had become a Doctor Who fanzine. Come back Doctor, I beg you.

No comments: