Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ms. Julie Burchill has gone from atheist to "Christian tryer" ( My God she tries!) -

MATURITY
(by Alex Comfort)

Let them turn to the bottle
the Yogi and the rope
some of them go to Uncle Joe
some of them to the Pope -

One by one grown prosperous
of excellent intent
they set there names on the payroll
of God and Government;

one is turned evangelist,
another is turned knight:
let them go wherever they wish -
we will stay and fight.

I may come to the light at last
as others have come there;
I think they will not put my bones
in Moscow's Red Square:

I can turn both coat and mind
as well as any man -
I think they will not put my head
towards the Vatican.

All fierce beasts grow corpulent,
mature and come to hand.
Lions lie down with sheepskin wolves -
we will see them damned.

No comments: