Saturday, July 03, 2010

Netherlands 2, Brazil 1.
I'm glad. Brazil didn't deserve to progress further. Anyway, it upsets the pundits when things don't go smoothly, i.e., according to their predictions.

Today begins the Big Loop, featuring sportsmen who earn their wages. There is a "British" team in competition, Team Murdoch. Needless to say it won't get my support. And I don't like Bradley Wiggins since he couldn't be bothered to turn up to sign in when a leg of the Tour of Britain started in Hull a couple of years ago. Too big for Hull, not big enough for the podium on the 25th - just my opinion.

2 comments:

Jim Ennis said...

Hi Jemmy, I can't remember who I tipped and put the mockers on last year. Reckon Wiggo will just be in the top ten. Contador must be a strong contender. The Schlecks and Armstrong will surely figure in the top places again. Hope Millar pinches a stage win, possible Jeremy Hunt couild too if he gets in the right break.Chapeau to the convicts of the road.

Jemmy Hope said...

Hi Jim, did you see today's stage - bit of a shake up, and a strange finish. I can't argue against Contador who seems almost everybody's tip for overall winner. My only prediction at the moment, Mark Cavendish will abandon at some stage. Mind you I said that last year (wrong!).