Wednesday, January 12, 2011


David Chaytor has been weighed off and is probably doing his time in that prison for posh people in the Home Counties. Eric Illsley has plead (pleaded?) guilty and will be joining him.
What puzzles me; how is it decided which of the fraudsters will be tried? Surely the majority of MPs in the last parliament had their hands in our collective pocket. Is the Met. going to charge them all, one or two at a time? Or are they cutting cards, low card gets charged? I don't see a pattern yet, apart from there being a dearth of Conservative fraudsters in the frame.
If I remember correctly (not guaranteed) Mr. Cameron got an early warning from the Torygraph, and was able to pay back his dodgy expenses before they let the dogs out.
Anyway, if we add up all the monies involved in current cases they look pathetic when compared to the £1.5 million that 'Smirks' Osborne has has managed to place beyond the reach of the taxman.

(Image lifted from the 38 degrees website [link below]. Remiss of me not to acknowledge.)

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I think the majority of the MPs were given the green light by some civil servant to claim their 'dodgy' expenses - duck house, moat cleaning etc.

Illsley and Chaytor were blatantly fraudulent as far as I can tell. Obviously betraying their lack of a gentlemanly upbringing in carrying out their heist in such a vulgar way.

Personally I'd have the lot of them cleaning the turnips that I'd have the bankers digging.

Jemmy Hope said...

I see, authorised fraud and unauthorised fraud - thanks for the clarification, Chris.