Friday, March 12, 2010

At last I've managed to drag myself away from LibraryThing and back to these pages. That site is addictive - and informative. I now know that I'm one of 12,616 library users in possession of a copy of Eco's "The Name of the Rose", but I'm on my own in listing Michael E. Ullyatt's "The Fighting O'Kellys".
I've also learned that my booklist (to date) shares 26 works with the late Papa Hemingway, but none with J.F. Kennedy or Tupac Shakur. What did the Stranger say," ... I don’t know about you, but I take comfort in that"?
According to wikipedia there were 650,000 LibraryThing users/members by March 2009 with 37 million books catalogued. All those booklists to compare with, to admire or get snobbish about (it seems that J. K.Rowling is big with a lot of readers).
Before I started this I would have guessed I had about 400 to 450 books - out by a mile. Lots of cataloguing to do, no time to swear at the telly.

No comments: