Monday, March 22, 2010

Today a certain Nir Barkat will be in London to address a conference at Chatham House. Perhaps I should say I believe he'll be in London. Visits by Israelis of Barkat's status tend to be cancelled at the last minute. As I can find no mention of this fellow's appearance among us in the press or on the television I can't be sure.
Barkat is the Mayor of Jerusalem, or the non-Arab part of Jerusalem. He thinks that the whole of Jerusalem should be non-Arab and is busy making it so. He is, you see, an ethnic cleanser and a land thief. Perhaps that's why his visit is not being trumpeted abroad; he must skulk in and skulk out with the help of our elected representatives, our secret police and our news reporters. If he manages to do so it will be public relations success for the Apartheid state, and, no doubt for our media, a victory for common sense and moderation.

2 comments:

thankgodimatheist said...

I loved this post. I don't know why but I did!!hehe..
Mille merci..

thankgodimatheist said...

Newshour-BBC
Jerusalem mayor speaks
"Nir Barkat insists that Jerusalem will remain undivided and will continue to expand."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00716dh