Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I see that the UK's no. 1 war criminal has taken time off from his world money-hoovering tour to endorse the Labour Party's re-election bid. Asset or liability? My money's on the latter.
Not-quite-New Labour has managed so far to do a Basil Fawlty and not mention the w*r; five pledges like -
We promise to smile more
We promise not to slay the first-born
etc.

So what?

Tone has also taken time from his get rich double quick campaign to have himself painted a rich brown colour. I suppose he gets waived through passport control when visiting the USA, so he's not likely to be subject to special attention at the air terminal.

3 comments:

thankgodimatheist said...

I've seen the work you're referring to a couple of months ago. Phil Hale who painted Blair is one my favorite artists. Unfortunately the result is not up to his usual standards. Although I'm familiar with the difficulties one faces when painting a portrait let alone a prime minister as there are too many constraints, but still it's just too mundane..A shame. But you should check his other works. A master in every sense!

Jemmy Hope said...

Actually, TG, I was referring to Blair's person not a portrait. He's turned a deep brown, almost mahogany. I was suggesting that, if he were an ordinary traveller, he might have a spot of bother with the homeland security types at US air terminals, as do other non-white passengers.

Jemmy Hope said...

"... waived through" do I mean "waved through"? I think so, but I'm not certain.