Friday, April 30, 2010

OY GEVALT! I'm just sitting here checking through the blogs when I hear the Missus shout "What are you doing on our roof?" What the hell? I'm off to see what's going on and she's unlocking the back door as I get there (all doors kept locked around here). I'm just in time to see some athletic desperado scrambling over our fence. Of course I shout "Oy, what's going on?" as if he's going to stop and explain. When we reach the back gate he's disappeared but coppers are popping out of every opening. Whatever he's done must have been heavy duty for him to risk life and limb to dodge the consequences, and to have so many muskers on his tail. We could hear car sirens, and a helicopter on its way.
What the missus saw through the window was this young fellow lepping off the fence into our garden, having scrambled over the roof of the bungalow next door. How the hell he managed to get up there without ripping off the guttering has me puzzled.
I'm really wondering what he'd done though.
It's been very quiet round here recently, but the warm weather always brings 'em out.

No comments: